Monday 5 August 2013

Eye Make-Up Remover Challenge - Budget Nivea Double Effect Versus Premium Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover - Part 1


Ding ding ding, In the cherry corner we have Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover. In the hearts corner we have Clarins Instant Eye Make Up Remover, which is better? let the budget verses blowout battle commence....

Have you ever bought a premium beauty item and wondered if a drugstore item would have sufficed? the answer is yes, I think we all have thought "is it worth the price" 

Now for skincare I will always freely pay the premium price, its my problem area and if there is a new mircale product I think its worth paying the price to find out if its true or not. For items like eyemake up remover, I will have a dabble in both premium & drugstore items, but its it really worth paying more for one than another? an eye make up remover is an eye makeup remover, right?

I am putting two removers to the test one drugstore and one premium, both two phase, removing heavy makeup including water proof mascara.

Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover - £2.00 for 125ml

I picked this up in Asda for £2.00, I have never tried this before but I thought it was worth a go for £2.00! its selling point is that it removes heavy & waterproof makeup but is still gentle enough for sensitive skin. 


Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover - £17.00 for 125ml

I succumbed to the hype and bought this from Debenhams, I have to say I was a bit surprised at the price especially comparing it to Nivea for £2.00, for some reason I thought is was around £13.00!
Its selling point is that it removes heavy make up, instantly...


As mentioned above, they are both two phase which means you have to shake them to mix the oil & water based solutions together. After shaking both, I noticed that the Nivea separated really quickly so I am going to have to work quick with that one, is a sign of things to come?


Do you want to know the outcome? you will have to wait until tomorrow for the part 2 post, there were far too many pictures for one post so I had to split it into two.

OMG is the suspense killing you? its like when Davina cuts to the break in a million pound drop. See you tomorrow 

Update - see part two here

1 comment:

  1. I really love the packaging of the Nivea make-up remover.

    Can't wait to see part 2 of this post! :)

    Jade xx

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...